Saturday, October 07, 2006

Accessories and Other Things

Today seemed to be Prom day at the National Bridal Market. By the time I arrived this afternoon most of the runway shows were prom lines for this spring. Even though I was here for all things bridal I did sit in on the Mori Lee show. I’ve got news for you, a lot of the dresses they were showing in their Viscaya line would absolutely work for the bride on a budget. With corset backs, full circle ball gown skirts and pretty pick ups at these prices they are a real deal. Most every dress in the Viscaya line is available in white; some have pink or gold accents.

I spent the rest of my limited time looking for fun stuff. If you haven’t discovered FlexFlops yet you should give their site a look. They are the cutest little flip flops that fold in half and fit in their own little pouch. Just the perfect thing to throw in your tote for the trip to get your pedicure. They would also make a nice little something to give to your bridesmaids. They have been written up in People and American Spa magazine.

Next I stopped by the Beverly Clark booth. Since they are one of the largest and best known suppliers of wedding accessories I wanted to see what they are showing in terms of color for spring. I think they went to Starbucks for their inspiration. The colors were all shades of cream to brown and every cappuccino tone in between. I am anxious to see what Aalexis is using because what I hear from you brides is that you are not yet tired of color. Time will tell.

I stopped by another booth and talked to Gary Lau of Macy Fair, Inc an accessory house of another kind. They had beautiful tiaras, jewelry and evening purses, but what really caught my eye were the feather fascinators. Fascinators are a staple in the UK and I am delighted to see them heading here. They are darling little hair accents with feathers and crystals, smaller than a hat, not as formal as a tiara and just too much fun. If you can find them you might consider them for the ladies in your wedding party.

Tomorrow I hit the ground running to catch as many runways shows as I can. I’ll be back then with all the finds of the day.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe to Wedding Dish by Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home