Friday, April 11, 2008

My Favorite Bouquet. Ever.

I have always thought that flowers in and off themselves are works of art. Sometimes arrangements and bouquets can get a bit too contrived and you miss the independent beauty of individual blooms. Just to give you an idea, this is the image I have on my desk top.

Over the last few days I have been working with images for a website I am building and ran across this bouquet. Oh my. I am pretty sure that this composite bouquet has to be my favorite bouquet ever. In this creation, Vicki Sanders of Branching Out Event Florists has captured the intrinsic beauty of a Stargazer Lily and pushed it to the limit.


A word of warning: each one of those petals is individually wired and taped. Then the ‘bloom” is composed out of the petals. The petals of lilies aren’t the hardiest little buggers, so you always have to make extra in case a petal becomes damaged in construction. Having said that; don’t expect a bouquet like that to be a low cost option. It certainly makes a statement though. Can you just imagine how fabulous it smells. Ahhhhhhh.


Top photo by Christine. Bouquet photo copyright David Wright Photography.


Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe to Wedding Dish by Email

2 Comments:

Blogger hillary robson said...

that's gorgeous Christine. Thanks for posting!

Mon Apr 21, 03:21:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Kelsie said...

Just lovely bouquet... Thanks for sharing your favorite stuff!

Sat Jul 25, 06:36:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home